Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's (almost) game time!

Well, today was my planned last day of eating whatever I wanted. And let me tell you, I ate like we are either headed for a famine or the world is ending tomorrow. And who is to say either of those couldn't happen? For lunch I ate at Chili's. I had southwestern egg rolls (complete with ranch-ish dipping sauce), a bowl of chili (topped with cheese), and TWO cherry cokes. Dinner was sushi and consisted of a #5 roll (rice, spicy tuna, and other stuff, covered in some oil, eel sauce, ginger, and dipped in reduced-sodium soy sauce), vegetable tempura, a couple of bites of beef deliciousness, a bite of chicken breaded in what looked like mini-Kix (cereal), and TWO cokes. And as I sit here and type this, I'm munching on dark chocolate and diet soda. 

Other than my less than healthy food choices, it was a productive day. I went to the book store and picked up a fresh copy of the Beck Diet Solution Workbook and also a copy of The SuperFoodsRx Diet. 

The Beck Diet Solution is a cognitive therapy book. The idea is that by following the program, you will change the way you think. I tried it in August, school started, and I stopped. I also didn't do everything it said to do, which could have been part of the problem.

I'm still doing Weight Watchers (which I'll be shortening to "WW"), but I pretty much just wanted to see what this book had to say about these "SuperFoods". Plus, it comes with recipes, and there are never too many recipes.

After dinner I also stopped at Trader Joe's (hence the diet soda and the dark chocolate). Picked me up some fruit, nuts, and other "good" stuff to get me through the day tomorrow. Tomorrow is also pay day, and designated "I'm not going to the boyfriend's house after work" day so I'll have time to go grocery shopping for more interesting food then. My hope for tomorrow is that this rain stops, so I can get my walk in during my lunch hour. 

I'm feeling optimistic. I'm a bit nervous about what the scale is going to say to me in the morning, but there is nothing I can do about it now (except perhaps put down the chocolate?)...I've got some final preparations to do, so farewell for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment