Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Free fruit!

Day one is winding down...and what a weird day it has been.

First off, it was raining. Again. I mean, I know rain this time of year isn't abnormal, but I live in Southern California for goodness sake. Isn't is supposed to be a perfect 75 degrees and blue skies all year long? Well, I hate driving in the rain, but made it to work on time without dying (yeah, I'm pretty much deathly afraid of driving in the rain). I had the planned oatmeal for breakfast, then an apple for a snack, Greek yogurt and edamame for lunch and a pear for a snack (I tend to graze all day). The rain stopped by the time lunch rolled around and I did my walk. It lasted about 40 minutes and I avoided the hills, but I'm calling it a success. Now tomorrow I'll need to remember my iPod. 

So I get home around 4:15 with the WORST headache (okay, I used to get migraines, so really I'm just whining here, it wasn't that bad) so I decide to cuddle with Skittles (my mystery flavored cat) and take a quick nap. That lasted until 10pm. Yeah, I'm screwed tonight, huh? The upside is even after eating pot stickers for dinner I still have 11 points left, thanks to free fruit! The new WW plan is kind of awesome. Bananas once two points...FREE! Apples...FREE! Pears...FREE! It basically rocks my mismatched socks. 

Overall, I'm feeling good. I went grocery shopping and wrote the points on everything I got. I wanted to do some cooking, but who am I kidding? That either happens on the weekends, or it just doesn't happen. So frozen dinners and low-sodium soup it is this week. When Saturday and Sunday come around, I'll re-assess. 

I weighed-in at 177.6 on my personal scale this morning. That's pretty bad. But it'll go down. Off to enjoy some apple slices with caramel and cheese cubes! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment